To get the lowest price on your car insurance, you need to compare auto insurance quotes to see which company has the most affordable rate. The cost of a policy can differ by hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars. Insurance companies use different methods when deciding how much you pay, so each will have a different price for your coverage.
- Assess your coverage needs and decide how much insurance to buy
- Compare the exact same coverage level
- Compare at least three different auto insurance companies
- Research customer satisfaction and claims handling, don’t choose only on price
- Don’t cancel your existing coverage until you have a new policy in place
Assess your car insurance cost at these times, when your rates are likely to change:
- Purchasing a car
- Adding or removing a driver from a policy
- Marriage or divorce
- Adding a teen driver
- Buying a house
- DUI or major violation
- Change in credit score
Meeting your needs is the highest priority for our team of insurance analysts and experts. That’s why we do the research for you, so you can quickly and easily buy coverage with confidence. Our guide to finding the cheapest car insurance rates will help you find a policy that fits your particular situation while providing the coverage you need to be fully protected.